Forest School Program
This is a program designed for students aged between 6 and 16 years, in batches of 25-40 at a time, for a 3–5 day retreat at our forest farm. Using tools of learning from the Arts, Movement and Environment, we engage the child’s head, heart and hands, to foster a spirit of curiosity, inquiry and empathy. Through our experiential curriculum, we directly link the child’s academic understanding of environmental studies to their everyday life and surroundings. Our program also offers a unique cultural exchange as the students and our local communities interact together to share knowledge, ideas, enthusiasm and joy.
We engage children in workshops directing awareness and dispensing skills relating to:
- Exploring and connecting with wilderness
- Farming and permaculture, including the journey of food from farm to table
- Yoga and holistic wellbeing, including nutrition and its effect on the body, mind and spirit
- Creative expression, including sustainable arts and crafts, poetry, music and writing
- Non-violent communication and introspection, including cultural sensitization and communitarianism
Please Contact Us for details.